Saturday, July 3, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH DOUBLE DEUCE

Double/Deuce, whats Poppin with you homie? Let the readers out there know a little bit about yourself and what you do?

I am an entertainer. I do everything that has to do with entertaining and I am the best at what I do. For example: Everyone gives out their phone number but no one does it like me. I will demonstrate that for you right now... 4-1-9 8-1-0 8-2-1-2 & you already know.


At what age did you start battling & rapping in general?

When I was a young warthog, I battled with lyrical skill, not necessarily targeting or attempting to degrade my opponent. Conflict and/or separation are not things that I promote so battling is something I never involved myself with until I saw "Jumpoff" and "Grindtime" battles where after the battles, matched opponents did musical collaborations as well as networked together. I saw this as a platform to display lyrical skill and became involved. So rapping since the age 13 battling since February 2009. My primary concern is getting my music heard. In my eyes I am less of a battler and more of an active fan, that's just attempting to give people my phone number... (419.810.8212)

Who were some of your influences growing up that made you want to pick up a mic?

Nobody. I never looked at anyone and said "I wanna do that". Before I even knew how to rap, I was given an opportunity to perform and being the born entertainer that I am, I took it. I performed with veterans yet, after the show, I was the one that received the biggest response. From that moment on, I knew I could draw attention and captivate audiences with my performances. I also knew that would be an opportunity to give out my phone number...(419.810.8212)

Who do you want to battle in the near future? Any matches lined up?

No one in particular, I'd prefer someone with an actual music career that way both our audiences benefit. Unlike many of these 'battle rappers' I'm an actual artist so my aim with the battle arena is to expand my fan base and get my music heard. Its been hard for me to get an opponent as of late. Everyone I have openly pursued has, for some reason, avoided me. I have battles lined up for the "Vans Warped Tour" in Cleveland, Ohio- 07/08/10 and"Grindtime" in Chicago, Illinois-07/25/10. Although those dates are close and usually with a small amount of time to prepare artists performances lack spark. Expect to see a great performance from me at both events and also expect to hear me giving out my number... (419.810.8212)

Being from the Midwest, who do you have as your top 5 Midwest battle rappers right now?

Everyone has a different background,preparation method and style. Being that my taste is eclectic, I can respect everyone as an artist.

Who's better- Kanye West or Eminem?

They're both good but make two different types of music. It all comes down to preference. No matter what you do if you're good at it you're good. But I can say this, No matter what your preference is, no one in your top five can distribute their phone number the way that I can... (419.810.8212)

Do you prefer to compete in

written or freestyle battles?

-I enjoy Written Format because it gives me the opportunity to display my

creativity and to perfect my wording before performing which ultimately displays my full lyrical skill.

-I enjoy Freestyle Format

because anyone can write but not everyone has the wit & spontaneous creativity it takes to freestyle. You're basically reacting on instinct, so in a way you

become part of the crowd because not even you know what you're going to say until after it's said. I usually astonish myself with those performances. I have won countless freestyle tournaments throughout Ohio through the course of my battle rap debut year.

- so all in all I enjoy both for what they provide me as an

artist but one thing can expect to hear weather written or freestyle format is me giving out my number ... (419.810.8212)

We seen a battle with you and Mike Flamez on YouTube where you freestyled vs his written and there was controversy over the decision at the end, care to shed a little light on that battle and your feelings on the decision?

I don't really consider that a battle it was more a dysfunctional gathering with occasional sporadic outbursts of rhymes. He prepared, I went off the top. I got more crowd response but the judges said he won based off consistency. I don't particularly have feelings about the decision but I think it was a bad look for both of us. It was very unprofessional and made us both look worse than we actually are. The one positive thing that came out of that battle was it gave me a bad look in my debut footage to the public. As a result I was forced to become active so the world wouldn't be stuck looking at me in that light when in actuality I am one of the greats. So Everyone who I destroyed throughout my quest of retribution of that footage blame the battle against Mike Flamez. Hell through all the turmoil in that battle I didn't even get a chance to give out my phone number ... (419.810.8212)

Which battle leagues have you had the chance to battle in and which do you prefer?

Outside of freestyle competitions just Grindtime but I've traveled fromGrindtime Midwest to Grindtime Georgia to Grindtime East Coast to Grindtime West Coast. I prefer Grindtime West Coast in my eyes they're the least biased their crowd is very supportive if you got Barzzzz they show love bottom line. They were even receptive to my phone number ...(419.810.8212)

Which of the big leagues do you think are the weakest talent wise?

No Coast I think they just stared off but I wish them the best of luck & hope to come kill whoever their best or sexiest (she knows who she is) soon. just get a hold of me I'm sure someone there has my phone number ...(419.810.8212)

Tell us about anything you have going studio-wise? Any mixtapes or albums being worked on?

The studio I was working at just shut down in the past couple weeks so I'm looking for a studio at the moment. But I have roughly about 500 tracks recorded (all Classics by the way). I have over 25 mixtapes that I will be re-releasing for my new fans over the course of this next year. The mixtape that I'm promoting for right now just released March 9th is entitled The Exemption. It's available for download at DoubleDeuce.BandCamp.com don't be without this !! All tracks contain a shout out of my phone number ... (419.810.8212)

Who are some producers you've been shopping for beats from?

I've gotten beats from my personal producer Deezin SQueez who you can find at soundclick.com/DeezinSQueez, Mozart Jones from Washington D.C. google him. Other local producers but I'm always interested in networking with any and all producers/artists get at me ... (419.810.8212)

Plug your info plurrr, let

the people know how to get

ahold of you! (Twitter, Facebook, MySpace...Phone # lol)

Myspace.com/BounceBackDoubleDeuce

Twitter.com/BounceBack22

YouTube.com/BounceBack22

Download my mixtape at

DoubleDeuce.BandCamp.com

message me on either of those for a copy of From The Page to

The Stage DVD oh yeah 4-1-9-8-1-0, 8-2-1-2 & you already know

If there is anything else we havent covered homie, the floor is yours...

All 'Battle Rappers' stop being bitches (commonly referred to as divas by Okwerdz) and battle

Any Sponsors get at me

There is no beef between Double/Deuce and Marv Won

2 middle fingers

And shout out to ya'll for spelling my name right with the mandatory forward slash between Double & Deuce which represents the split personality

Double/Deuce


Thanks for doing this interview Double Deuce. Readers make sure you holler at him and show some love! 4-1-9-8-1-0, 8-2-1-2




No comments:

Post a Comment