Saturday, July 17, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH HOLLOW DA DON



Whats good Hollow? Tell the people what time it is.

its 5:14 a.m

When did you start battling?

as soon as I got out da pussy (in other words I was born for this)

Who is your next battle going to be against?

hopefully someone big but idk right now


I saw a video on youtube it looked like you and Conceited were going to battle, any chance of that happening?

that was suppose to just be a joke for da ppl there but they release da video to fool the world and I was kinda mad about it too, but whenever he's ready I'm waiting on him

You had a song produced by Alchemist how did you link up with him?

I was in Mobb Deep studio and Havoc was there and Alchemist was on da phone telling him its this crazy kid from Queens name Hollow that gets busy but he didn't know I was with Havoc and Hav was like "he's right here " so he put my on da phone with Alchemist so we got to talking and he was saying how he lives in L.a and it just so happen I was goin to battle Okwerdz out there that same week so we kick it and been homies since

Tell us about L O M (Loyalty Over Money), who all is in that family?

Loyalty Ova Money is deeper than music its something I want to live on after I die, it makes you feel like you stand for something and helps your team to build trust. We are in 12 different states, and 4 different countries and we only getting bigger. I got a lot of things in the works this year for da l.o.m family and we accept all race,religion, ect. and Its not like I'm lookin for street dudes or cool ppl cuz you can find a nerd that would be more loyal than a street cat sometimes so I hope everybody 1 day will be l.o.m or just be loyal period

You released Money Changes, Loyalty Don't in the first quarter of 2010, who are some artists you got on there with you?

Cortez just cuz he was there lookin like "can I get on this song", D. Chambers cuz he might do a Tinychat gettin at me if not, Hanz cuz he's 6'8 and would fuck me up if I left him out, Dna cuz I didn't want to be on the receiving end of one of his diss tracks, and Da Dininon cuz he might wish something on me that will really happen, now ain't Karma a BITCH

Where can people pick that up?

Thanks I thought I would have to wait until the end to plug my shit. Go to www.itsmooven.com or itunes.com or Amazon or just go on youtube and here songs for free like "Hustleman" "Spazz Out" "Nyb" "Greatness" or "Queens Supreme"

What are you working on in the lab now?

Ok back to being serious, I feel like my music is like my battles and the last Cd was my Jay Focus battle like where I'm just knockin dust off and gettin back in da zone so expect every Cd to be better than da last. So this next cd is like my Philly Swain battle and so on

Who are some of your favourite battlers?

I watch everybody you'll be surprise, like when I see some of these dudes I be tellin them but I think that they think I'm just being cool, but I never told nobody I fucks wit them when I really don't

You’ve battled on both coasts, which do you like more?

they both have their advantages like there's nothin like battling at home cuz all ur ppl come through and ur. %100 comfortable and in N.y you can feel hip hop in da air. Now on the West they really doin it major, like big turns out and cats that are really into battles that have been watchin Gt faithfully so I don't mind either plus Cali is starting to feel like home to me.

Do you prefer battling in Grindtime or URL?

I don't care bcuz it really matter the performance you put on, like I don't buy the whole this is a bigger stage cuz Ill make the best of it no matter where its at. For example Conceited battle wit L dot was in a park with 10 ppl but that did not matter, all ppl care about was him turning his dreads into choclate smoothies

You have different battlers on your tracks, is it a competition in the booth too to one up eachother?

Of course, its always competition when we in the booth cuz we wanna make each other better and have da best verse lol

You are a 106 and park hall of famer, how much did that help put you in the public’s eye?

5 millon views every week so like I couldn't go nowhere for a while cuz when I was on it when it was still popular

What surprises do you have in store for the second half of 2010?

Now if I tell you it won't be a surprise no more but I am gonna put out a battle dvd wit all the 106 n Park battles on it plus more and I'm workin on a mini tour to battle in like 10 different cities giving cats a shot and kickin there ass at the same time but I want it to be like a tournament in every city and I battle da winner out of it

You got to meet Eminem, how did that go?

I was back stage again wit my boy Alchemist and Just Blaze who I met for da first time there and Al went down to Dj for Em and I was right At the corner of the stage and Em was gettin mic up bout to go on stage and he seen me and I was like" Hollow da" and he was like "cut that Out I kno who u are, ur da man on da battle" n somebody was like Em we ready n he hit da stage n I was dere right behind him when he perform

Plug your info so people can hit you up and show some love and find your music

twitter @hollowdadon or Itunes.com for my cd Money Changes, Loyalty Don't

Anything else you want to say this is the chance, floor is open:

I just want everybody that really fucks with me to be l.o.m and spread da word. Loyalty Ova Money and to all the ppl who hold me down in arguements and was there when they doubt me, there's really no way to thank you but just know I won't let you down


1 comment:

  1. hollow is becomin one of my favorite rappers. keep doin your thing bro

    ReplyDelete