Thursday, June 24, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH CORTEZ

Yo Cortez what’s really good? Tell the people what time it is!

Haha…. What’s Good??? You Already know what’s good- ME!!!! (PAUSE) LOL

NYB’s the Movement- Murda Ave’s the Home.. We working hard out here!

You’ve been on the rise in the battle rankings, who or what is next?

Well Honestly I got a few options as of right now but nothing concrete as far as battling. Besides the battles though I’m concentrating on this music! I’m receiving 1,000’s of d-loads and listens daily off my music and I feel its time to show that side of me talent wise! I wrote a few records for a few R&B singers already and I’m finishing up my project “Exception to the Rule”.

I read that Marvwon called you out and you accepted, whats the deal with that?

Well I have lots of respect for MarvWon & we were going to do it at MOB but I had other obligations that restricted me. Who Knows hopefully in the future we can do it but as of now I’m working on music until the right opponent approaches.

You’re tight with DNA what do you think about the shit with Grind Time and would you ever battle in GT?

UMMMM…I was one of the first people in GT! Myself along with Hollow da Don started in the East Coast NY division under Jaze Juce & PumpkinHead. I’ve battled Complex, Kay-M, Mosh Jelton, Yung Sheen, Conceited, Soul Khan and Real Deal! As far as DNA and the GT issues-he has a very valid Point! I’m Not sure as to how he’s perceived outside of NY but in NY he’s highly respected! He’s On every major blog site, He’s got multiple segments on BET, MTV, Every level for radio interviews, major label sit downs etc… yet he’s thrown Nobodies or someone that will not help him gain further recognition! I said in the Response to Marv & Quest that us as artist must take advantage of our opportunities and preserve value as an artist and the things GT is offering at times will not help him gain! . I cant speak for what GT outside of NY perceives as value opportunities but In NY our views are a lot different from the regions of other divisions.

You’ve got a big mixtape (EXCEPTION TO THE RULE) dropping real soon. Whens the due date?

The Mixtape is dropping 1st week of July and its going to make lots of noise! I’m recording from different angle to showcase my overall writing and musical talent and people are going to realize that I’m an Artist at the end of the day-NOT A RAPPER!!!!!!!!!

Who do you have for producers? and who else is laying verses down with you?

Well as far as Producers I have my in house producer Che’ Boogy for Honor Society Prod. I also have a record with DNA prod. By Mr. Divine from D-Blok., Cory Gunz and I spazzed on a record prod. By the Bizness who’s working with Young Money. I got Sha Stimuli, Babs Bunny, Fred the Godson, Math Hoffa and My Brother Charlie Clips as well!

Where will this mixtape be available?

It will be posted on every Major blog site also the hard copies will be available in all local bootleggers DVD, CD spots all over the tri-state! Any Show I’m at any club I’m at or industry event expect to see me hustling and grinding to promote this music!

Are you getting an album together too?

At this moment I’m working out a few details to make that happen around 1st quarter for 2011 actually. I feel blessed that I have this opportunity again after I severed ties with Universal but I’m almost done with negotiating an actual album release. If it does materialize I want to thank the fans because without them it’d never be possible!

Where did you get your start battling and is this something you want to keep doing or are you going to start focusing more on music soon?

Well I was winning showcases all over the tri state and LA Reid offered me a situation with Roc La Familia back in 2007 but that turned out to be a flop due to bad business besides that it never really helped me get to that next level though so I started battling at Fight Klub to maintain my buzz without spending money on promotion. Whether its battling or making music whatever can help my career I’m down to do. Right Now both are working out so I just feel Blessed to be in this position.

In our interview with Dizaster he said that the east coast is the most bias coast in battling, and the fans there become haters the instant you diss their city, what do you think about that?

Wow….I mean NYC isn’t the most bias-No Disrespect but California is by far. NYC will definitely let u get destroyed if u come unprepared for a battle…Look at Nuborn vs. Calicoe-Nuborn’s from NY and Calicoe got all the attention and love from the crowd. In cali even the wack battlers get oohs & Ahhs for simple bullshit! People are starting to catch on to the bias crowds in general though and at the end of the day-FOOTAGE DOES NOT LIE! …. EASY!!!!!!!!!

What are you feeling right now music wise? Whats on your mp3 player?

Honestly I’m listening to a lot of different material! I listen to a lot of 90’s hip hop and alot of R&B also. I listen for melodies, and arrangements a lot just to try and find something refreshing! I got 160 gigs on my ipod so I got a lot of shit but what stays in rotation is TI, Notorious BIG, Sean Price, Jay-Z, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Lil’ Wayne’s The Carter 2, Early Nas and DMX, Death Row, Slaughter House and Classic Eminem material!

Alright homie plug your info where can the people go to get your music and show you love (or hate haha)

HAHAHA If U wanna show Love hit me on my twitter: @Cortez_HSP or on FB: Cortez HSP!

If u wanna hate log on to www.KISSMYASS.COm LMAO!!!!

Na but seriously go and listen to the Mixtape in July “The Exception to the Rule” hosted by SMACK & SUPERSTAR JAY and send the feedback! Constructive criticism only helps me get better…I wanna relate to the public so please No YES MEN AROUND ME!

Get @ ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got any final words for everyone reading this?

I want ya’ll to know that I really am appreciative of all the support! I’d be the first to say I’m doing this for ya’ll and over the last year I’ve really studied my errors in previous battles and corrected certain faults I had and improved! Trust Me I’m a Different Breed Now and I thank ya’ll(The Fans) cuz it was ya’ll who pushed me to get to where I am now!!!!

******************Brooklyn Waddup????**************************

That’s whats up homie thanks for taking the time to do this and hopefully we can catch up with you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment