Monday, June 14, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH TROX



We got the One and Only Trox Diesel wit us kickin it !! whats good wit u homie? how you been my friend?

Been good, a little hungover but I'm livin.


That is whats up my G tell world about Trox Diesel!!

Where to start... I'm a music producer from the southeast side of Portland repping Executive Branch. Shoutout to the big homey Cool Nutz for helping the kid turn his passion into a career... Shoutout to the homeys Lawz Spoken and Stalemate too. Together we formed Chain Gang Music around late '08.


Man u have been killin the game you are by far one of the illest producers out there...you got any new projects your workin on?

Too many of them haha... I got a project with Epp from TxE called "The Pavement" that we plan on releasing hopefully early Fall. Epp is just one of those dudes that will go off on any kind of beat you throw at him; he has a good ear and is versatile. Easily top 3 in the town right now.
Of course Cool Nutz and I are working on a project together too, which will be very monumental for the town. It's always a humbling experience working with the triple OG of the town you're from, because there's always something new that I learn after every meeting.
Last but surely not least I'm working on my album called The Small Hands Project that I hope to release the first or second quarter of 2011. That's all I'm gonna say about it for now...



Also you have won a couple Beat Battles in the Grindtime NorthWest Events!!What do you think about Beat Battles?

Beat battles are fun, man. They give the producer a chance to play their shit loud in a club environment. I love the competitive atmosphere about them because it gives me a chance to brag and talk shit. At the same time, you can't be battling your whole career. When it's all said and done, it's all about making good music and the right connections to further advance your career.
With all that said, I might just be a judge for the next Grind Time NW battle, but we'll see how everything pans out...



For along time i have heard talk about a Trox & 9DM album !!! WHATS UP WIT IT?

Hahahaha... It's coming. Don't worry kids. Y'all will hear something from us very soon...


Also what got you into making beats? Since you started how has your style evolved since you've started?
I started off drumming in the second grade. Loved drumming, kinda regret quitting it now that I think about it. Started to DJ in middle school then found out that wasn't really for me. Then I discovered the wonders of Fruity Loops and the rest is history...
I used to make hella fake ass Heatmakerz beats back then.
Robotic ass drums with pitched up samples and shit. After learning how to play keys by myself in high school, I started to develop a sound. The MacBook Pro that I have now was my graduation present so I downloaded Reason and really started to get my own style together. I don't lock my drums in at all now, unless I'm making some 808 shit. Reason has definitely given me my rhythm. The ASR10 with Logic is what I use now because I can finally get the sound I've always wanted: dirty and warm, but CLEAN.

Who have you been working with and how do you decide who you want to work with?

Of course I've been working with Cool Nutz and Epp a lot, as I've said earlier. I also have tracks with Illmaculate, Sapient, Luck One, Krizz Kaliko, Fashawn, Braille, and more coming soon...
Can't really say how I do business tho. Usually whoever comes up to us with the dough.



Bro "Small Hands Big Slaps" was a savage work of art how long did it take you to put that togther?

That took me about a month to pick which beats I wanted on the tape. It took about two, 4-hour sessions with DJ Flipflop to mix it.


Name 3 people you want to produce a track for!!!! and why?
1. T.I. - He always has a good ear for beats and he's become one of the most versatile MCs from the south in a long time.
2. Ghostface Killah - That dude's always been hilarious to me. He's had some of the most quotable lyrics of all time. I'd love to hear some of his one-liners over my production.
3. Snoop - Just to say that I've worked with Snoop... He's one of the biggest all-time characters in hip-hop.



Also i know u be watchin grindtime and battles i have seen u at events!! Do you think the saying battle rappers can't make good music is being proven wrong by this new generation of mc's
coming up?

Honestly, no. There are still a lot of battle rappers that either don't make music, or make god awful music. Won't say any names but a lot of these battlers sound like they're actually battling in their music. Don't get me wrong though, there are still some battle rappers that make quality music... Shoutout to Illmac, 9DM, Marvwon, and everyone else I forgot...


Thats whats up homie Well i just want you and everyone else to know Figure of Speech/UTAGM
Fucks wit the Homie Trox All day!!!(No Homo) And much love for comin threw hold shit down my G.
No doubt my dude. Always a pleasure.



Well MR Trox Diesel plug ur info where folks can find you!!! (twitter/myspace/facebook/website) all that good shit
Follow me on twitter @iamTROX ... Go download my beat tape Smallhandsbigslaps Vol. 1 at
http://trox.bandcamp.com ... Like me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TROX-Diesel/17600246066?ref=search ... Fuck a myspace!

Any last words for the Viewers?

Fuck the Lakers!


Also hit up Kingcoolnutz@gmail.com if any of you rappers are lookin for them fire ass Trox beats!!!!
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment