Wednesday, June 23, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH "MADNESS"

What up Madness? You are a familiar face for battle fans but give yourself an introduction anyways!

Am I a familiar face? What the fuck is good Planet Earth? I’m here. Captain Familiar Face. Madness. One half of the Almighty Fetus Fraternity Critical Madness. Do you love me?

You’ve got an album out right now with Critical under the team name Critical Madness, how did you two get together and how many cd’s have you put out?

Me and Crit are a group. Everything we do is CM. We started with a small EP titled “Allow Me To Demonstrate” that spread like wildfire throughout Florida. That was our first official CM release. We did a mixtape titled “Chemically Dependent” shortly after that. It featured all of our Ozone comrades. Classic shit. We just put out our first official Critical Madness album “Bringing Out The Dead” on Domination recordings. We have Joell Ortiz (Slaughterhouse), Young Zee & Yah Yah (Outsidaz), Sabac Red as well as some of our fam and with production from my man TEMPERMENTAL, Marco Polo and DC the MIDI Alien. We’re very proud of this album. Our newer shit is even more insane. cRITICAL also has two solo albums; “The Rubber Room Diary by Dr. Comfort” and “Medical Records.” Both are sickness-inducing classics.

Which battle was your favorite? Would you do a rematch with that person?

My favorite personal performance was probably against Illmac. I think each line hit exactly as it should have and the crowd was perfectly responsive. I don’t know about a rematch. There’s so many other heads I’d like to square up with before having rematches.

How has touring and battling been? Where have you been and where are you going?

To be able to go to other countries and do what you love is amazing. Having heads say “What’s up you classy motherfucker!” in other areas of the world is the illest feeling that cannot be explained in words. I just got back from Australia a month or so ago and it was England right before that. I also have about 3 to 4 more countries lined up very soon. I’ve always traveled though. So far, my passport has stamps from England, Australia, Germany (twice), Spain, Philippines, Israel, Mexico and Canada….sorta haha. Plus, I’ve been everywhere in US. I don’t like being stuck in one spot. Wait until I publish all of the meals I’ve taken pictures of haaaaa!

Any upcoming battles we should watch out for?

So far the only one I have lined up is against Soul Khan at Grizzlemania 2 in Miami over Labor Day weekend. It should be a good one. I’ll be hiding explosives filled with dead cats before the event starts and I’ll make sure they go off at all of the right moments. I have also hired the man who parachuted down during the Bowe/Holyfield fight to land during one of Soul Khan’s rounds. Should be very respectful.

Do you get a lot of time to put in lab work? Do you have anything on the way?

I am always recording. I love putting in that lab work. Professor Tone is notorious ‘round these parts! I have been working on a solo on the low. We are also always doing new Critical Madness material and cRITICAL has another solo on the way. All should blow faces off.

Which do you like to do more, battle or hit the studio?

If I had to give it to one of the two it’s definitely recording new music. Being creative with concepts beats out just breaking someone down on a constant basis. But I love battling. I always have. It’s our sport. It has kept me sharp and it gives me an opportunity to promote my music while being the sarcastic fuck that I have been my entire life. Most of my material is created when I’m drunk.

You are a big movie buff I hear so, what are the 3 shittiest movies you’ve wasted time watching and which are your top 3?

I never rated the worst movies I have seen but I’ll think of a few off of the top. “Gingerdead Man” with Gary Busey is one of the worst movies of all time. Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWyiA77qzg

Nuff said on that one. I fucking hated “Sideways” bro. I do not see the appeal in it like others do. The humor was horrible. I’d rather straight razor my dick than watch it again. “Troll 2” is a horrid piece of foreign-directed shit. I saw it when I was a kid and always considered it the worst movie I have ever seen. I still might consider it that. Me and Crit ALWAYS make fun of it. I never knew so many people felt the same way. There’s even a documentary about how fucking horrible it is and how being that awful made it a cult classic. Fucking weirdoes.

My top 2 films are “The Usual Suspects” and “Aliens.” I feel everything about these two films is perfect. They both exhibit a certain feel and the directors (Bryan Singer and James Cameron) execute this without flaw. I don’t really have a third movie so I’ll just list an underrated film that came out a few years ago that I have watched a million times. The title is “In Bruges” and it has Colin Ferrel in it. It’s about two hitmen who get sent to a shit city (Bruges) for their last job. It’s a grimy film.

Have you watched the Nightmare on Elm st. remake? Was it better than the Friday the 13th remake?

The “Nightmare…” remake was 100 times better than the “Friday The 13th” remake. The original will always hold a special place in my heart but I don’t think the remake was as bad as some made it out to be. They had the music down 100%. Some of the acting was “ehhh” but I liked it. I did not like the Jason remake though. That shit was corny.

A man of your stature knows his food, Where is your fav spot to eat?!

When I go home to Florida my two spots that I make sure I hit are my Colombian spot O’ Que Bueno in Kissimmee and my Italian joint Carmela’s on Kirkman (Orlando). Best cannolis I have ever had. But I also like my local southern gem Fat Boy’s. Mmmm….I’m hungry man. Fuck.

You also like to eat a good sandwich!!! If u could make any sandwich what would be on it?

Since I have had every type of sandwich there is I’d like to eat one that has a fucking check for $100,000,000 in it. That’s a sandwich that’s worth it.

Also everything I see you you have a beer in your hand?? You like beer more then hard alcohol?

I used to always drink liquor straight out of the bottle. Shit, ask anyone from Orlando how I get down haha. Every single one of their responses will most likely be “He’s crazy” accompanied by a good drunk story about me that I probably don’t remember. I never liked beer until about 3 or so years ago when I went to Germany for the first time. The local hefeweizen blew my mind. They mix it with all kinds of things over there too; coke, banana juice, sprite etc. It’s delicious. I mostly drink beer now. I’ve been living the rock star life since I was young. I just need the mansion to go with it.

You have been to a lot of places for battles im sure you have drank a lot of beers what have you drank and who has the best beer?

Germany and Belgium have the best beer, HANDS DOWN. No one can dispute that. I always try to hit local breweries/distilleries wherever I go. I have to go to BevMo! to get my foreign delights haha.

Which Grind time division do you have the most fun battling in?

I have had the most fun battling in the West Coast (Bay) division. They have the biggest and most responsive crowds here. I have only battled in the Bay and Florida for GT though. I still need to battle in NY and the Midwest to have the full experience. London and Melbourne, Asutralia were also incredible. They genuinely love hip-hop like America used to.

Alright so how can the fans hear your music and keep up to date with you?

Since Twitter is the new shit, you all can Twitter me the fuck up @MrMadness.

Hit me! I’m always talking some wild shit and I’m never sober. I also post pictures that will make you cry inside. The myspace is Myspace.com/MrMadness. Taste my fame.

Thanks for doing the interview homie, you got any last words for the readers?

What’s up readers? It’s me again. I’m just here typing this and sipping on this Stella. My face is made of steak…the expensive kind. Chow down on my awesome. There’s plenty to go around. Fuck rap.

Sandwiches Bitch!!!!

Fat Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment