Friday, June 11, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH "SPITFIRE"



Spitfire what's been good with you lately man? How you been homie?

--- I’m doing good, definitely can't complain. Eating. Getting my mind right. Winning. The usual.

First off, let everyone know who you are and what you are about.

--- I'm a Portland-based emcee. I represent a dying breed of street rap artists still hustling to get their music heard.
So do you have any solo or group projects you are working on? Any upcoming shows or events that you are doing?

--- I am currently writing and preparing to record my next project, A History of Violence 2. Also, the Free Agentz project, Free @ Last, should be released soon. I have no upcoming shows or events at this time, until I finish A History of Violence 2.

So you're in the Free Agentz huh? What do you think about the crew?

--- I have been a member of the Free Agentz for a few years, which seems to be a little known fact about me. I am inspired by the amount of talent each member brings to the table. I think the local area has a lot of preconceived notions about the group, good and bad, but we try not to let that deter us from being creative and recording good music. Regardless of our individual or collective reputations, you can't deny that Quiz has done an incredible job assembling some of the most talented artists in the area to form this super-group, which also includes M-EI8HTY, Mic Money, J-Rome, and G.S.

So how long have you been rapping for man?
--- I wrote my first verse in 1993, at 8 years old. So, too damn long. LOL

So you got the Fuego tape out, how long did it take you to work on that project? If somebody was thinking about downloading that, what could they expect to hear?
--- I recorded The Fuego Tape in about a month. If you listen to the project, you'll hear my opinions toward life, love, religion, politics, the music industry, and street life. I make music that reflects my personal dramatic experiences. I’m passionate about my life and music, and that definitely comes across in The Fuego Tape. You can stream the whole record at spitfuego.com

There has been talk about you getting into the battle ring. Is this true or false?

--- Yeah, I’ve been considering it for a while. I actually gave 9DM the go-ahead to set up a battle for me, but apparently the other emcee had some legal issues that prevented it from taking place. The funny thing is, I actually used to battle all the time. I just lost my passion for it a long time ago. I prefer to be in the studio.

So I have been asking other people if they could name their top 5 favorite rappers of all time..could you answer this question?
--- Jay-Z, 50 Cent, JoJo Pellegrino, Raekwon, and Prodigy.


If people want to keep up with what's going on with Spitfire how could they do that? (Twitter/myspace/facebook)
--- You can get at me on www.Twitter.com/spitfuego. I’m on that all day. I don’t get on Myspace anymore, it’s like a social networking cemetery. You can stream The Fuego Tape at www.spitfuego.com. I am in the process of updating the website to provide my fans with more content, and that will be complete once I finish recording A History of Violence 2.

Do you have any last words for the viewers out there? Spazz on them, let them know what time it is!
--- Stop sleeping on my music. Yes, I am a caucasian gangster rapper. Get the fuck over it. Take the time to listen to my music instead of just talking about it. And to all hip hop “fans” who are actually “up-and-coming” “hardest out” “because my friends and family told me so” rap artists: I encourage you to think about your futures a little bit harder. The odds are, you’re not as talented as most of the other artists in your city. And the actual talented rappers in your city aren’t as talented as rappers in other cities. And even those other talented rappers from other cities aren’t as talented as the artists who are actually getting a little buzz nationally. So most likely, in your life, you will never collaborate with Jay-Z, you’ll never shoot a high-budget video, and your record will never go platinum. So have fun, enjoy the music, and just be a FAN. Sincerely, SpitFire aka “Fuego” aka “Your Biggest Hater”, aka “There’s Way Too Many Fucking Rappers Nowadays” --PEACE.

Downoad The Fuego Tape at: http://www.rapidshare.com/files/397667762/The_Fuego_Tape__2010_.zip


LOL DAMN….YOU REALLY LET EM KNOW… I DIG IT WELL….
Good lookin out, thanks for stopping by and it's always a pleasure. Be easy my dude. BLAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment