Tuesday, June 15, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH EPP OF TxE


The homie Epp! What up? Make the viewers familiar with you!

How are you doing, Man??? What's going on, Everybody??? How are y'all doing?? My name is epp. I'm a PRTLND Emcee who's truly thankful to be able to share a piece of myself with all of y'all. Thank you for the opportunity.

How long have you been blessing microphones for and who got you into it?

Since the age of 19, but even since I was a young boy I knew that I wanted to be involved with music some sort of way.


You are Georgia born but PRTLND bred, when did you move to the Northwest?

Yes, that is correct. We moved here when I was 11. It was crazy at first, but I became comfortable

with my surroundings pretty fast. My accent was something else back then, too! Lol.


I heard you got something with Lawz Spoken in the works, how far into that are you and what can we expect to hear?

Yes, indeed....you heard right. The Album is called "Ferrari Rap Vol.2". Shout out to my Brother, Lawz. Man, we're three songs away from completion. I'm very proud of what we've been working on thus far.

We're having a lot of fun making this project. We both come up with a lot of different ideas, so every studio session is something new and refreshing.

As for what you can expect from it?? Something honest and real. I'll leave it at that.


Any other side projects in the works?

As a matter of fact, yes. I'm working on a few solo e.p.'s; 'epp wins', which will be a 5 track e.p. and the other being 'Pavement' which will not only will be entirely produced by TROX, but it will also my first official solo release.

Another project to look out for is an Alternative Rock e.p. that I'm doing with G-Force. Be on the

look out for all of those coming soon.

You are in a group with Tope and G Force, are you in any other groups as well?

Just TxE, that's my crew, but our family is bigger than that...I'm counting family, lol. Y'all know who you are.


is rap all you do? or are you good at anything else in life?

It's more than rap with me, man. I started out with no path or reason as to why I wanted to pursue this as a career. It's a long road ahead, but as long as I make the right moves and surround myself with positive and driven people, the pieces will fall where they're suppose to.

Even with all the bad times, I wouldn't take anything back. It's all a learning experience.

As far as being good at anything else?? We'll get back to that in the next interview. I still have a few kinks that need to be worked out, lol.


You can be seen at a lot of these Grindtime Northwest events, what do you think about the battles? Do you think it’s a good look for the hip hop scene going on there?

Man, it's a great look for the Scene. I've always been a fan of battling.

Shout out to 9DM, ill, Only, Mr.MR and all the other cats holding the torch for the NW Battle Scene. We see y'all, keep doing it.


Who are your top 5 dead or alive?

Man.....this is a tough one! Ok, in NO Numerical order, old and new:

1. Royce
2. Big Boi
3. Blu
4. Aesop Rock
5. Big-L


Tope mentioned TxE have a little something called “You’re Welcome” in the works with a grip of notable names on it. How did you pick who you wanted to work with for this album?

Basically, we all sat down and talk about who would fit the particular sound of the project and who cater to our sound. I think that's the best part of being in TxE; We hear each other out, come up with the plan of action and go from there.


What do you like doing more, getting in the lab and making songs or getting in front of people and showcasing your skills?

I love both aspects of the art form, but I really get a sense of euphoria from performing. The energy that the crowd gives is a huge piece of my live show, I feed off of their energy. Busta Rhymes is one of my main influences when it comes to Performing.


Go ahead and plug your contact info for the people to holler at you, and up coming shows!

You can contact me here:

Twitter: @eppwins

Facebook: TxE

We'll have info and updates on shows on both of these networks.

Got anything to tell the readers before we end things?

First, I want to thank yourself and BG for the interview. I appreciate it, highly.

I also want to say thank you to everybody that has been down with me from the start, the middle, and the present day. It's not over yet, so I have no reason to let up.

Shout out to the crew at Atmosphere Clothing, Craig & Josh, Binny, Anon, Sean, Verbs, Kenny Fresh, Mark, Dj Flipflop, Trox, DJ Fatboy, Portland, Sandpeople, Lifesavas, Grey Matters, LP, Diezel P, Tope, G-Force, The Fix Family, Notti, Cool Nutz, Theory Hazit, Sonia, Ari....ok, I'll stop there. The family list is something crazy....we could be here all night, lol.

Thats the works homies! Thanks for reading the interview.Now peep the EXCLUSIVE snippet Epp hooked us up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment